Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 429 Win 2000 Only 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

papayac

Technical User
Jan 21, 2002
US
I have a program I have packaged with both the Package and Deployment Wizard (for Win 98 users) and the Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Installer for NT/2000/XP users.

The program runs fine on a Win98 machine and on NT4.0 and XP machines.

It loaded OK on a 2000 Professional machine and then on certain forms gives me the Error 429 - ActiveX control cannot create object.

As a test I attempted to reload the program using the setup.exe from the Package and Deployment Wizard on the Win 2000 machine. At the copying of msvbvm60.dll it tells me the one on the machine is outdated do I want to update and I acknowledge yes and it then tells me the computer will reboot - it does and then when I rerun the setup.exe I get the same thing over and over again. This is a stand alone machine. It is the only Win2000 Professional machine I have tried it on. I assumed unfortunately that if the program worked on Win98, NT4.0 and XP Home - I was OK. The reasoning sounded good to me.

From what I have read the suggestions I have come across are load scrrun.dll or DAO350.dll or msvbvm60.dll and reregister these.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and/or if there is a neat way of doing the above. Or if I am missing something somewhere.

Thanks in Advance, after 8 months of creating this program this is a nasty little surprise for me.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back