Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJP55

Technical User
Feb 2, 2003
GB
I know this is a thread that has been posted before but after looking at them, non of the solutions have made any difference.

I am using the common dialog box active x control in a form. It worked fine for my PC and another PC (which both have VB6 loaded) but on all other PC's I get the 'Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object'. I have copied over the comdlg32.ocx file to stop errors occuring when other users open the database (without trying to run the active X control) but still get the error on other PC's when they try and open the control. Code breaks as follows:

Private Sub btnFileImport_Click()

Dim comDialog As Object
Dim strPathAndFileName As String
Dim FileName As String
Set comDialog = CreateObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog")

comDialog.DialogTitle = "Select File"
comDialog.filter = "Text Files (*.csv)|*.csv" '
comDialog.ShowOpen

.....code to do file import stuff.

Pulling my hair out on this one.
Any help greatley appreciated.

I've had this issue before. In the Code window, select Tools then References. Select the DAO/ADO reference and then note the path/file name that appears on the bottom part of the menu. Go to the computer that works, retrieve the same file from it and copy it to the computer that isn't working. See if this takes care of the issue.
Alternately, you may need to re-install Access on the computer that isn't working. The whole point is to make sure the reference files for the libraries are up-to-date.

H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back