Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaySr

Technical User
May 10, 2007
US
I am getting the following error when I try to enter a customer maintenance file:

Error 41 in program APWMAA @ line 7870

Does anyone know what this is?

This is listed on the Sage Knowledge Base you should have checked there first. Also you should be posting on the Sage Community.

Error 41 APWMAA 7870, when in Vendor Maintenance

Entry Type: Informational

Product: Sage MAS 90 ERP, Sage MAS 200 ERP, Sage MAS 200 ERP - SQL Server Edition

Application: Accounts Payable

Version Reported: n/a

Subject:
Error 41 APWMAA 7870, when in Vendor Maintenance

Possible Resolution:
The 1099 Vendor Type field is "B" or "I", (rather than "N" for None), but a 'Default 1099 Form' (M, I or D) has not been assigned to that vendor.

1. Open Library Master / Repair / Data File Display and Maintenance.
2. Click 'OK' at the warning message.
3. Enter AP1xxx (xxx = Company Code) in the 'File Name' field and ENTER.
4. Click 'Key Scan' button and select a Vendor that is receiving the error.
5. Click 'Edit' button and enter: Field 1, Position 260, Length 1 and click 'OK' This displays the 1099 Vendor Type.
6. Note the value in the 'Change' field. It should be either: "N" (None), "B" (Business), or "I" (Individual).
7. Click the 'Edit' button again and enter: Field 1, Position 303, Length 1 and click 'OK'. This displays the 1099 Default Form. The filed will likely be blank. If the 1099 Vendor Type is "B" or "I", this field should display "I" (Interest), "D" (Dividend) or "M" (Miscellaneous).

Possible ways to correct this include:

1. Re-import the Vendors and include the Default 1099 Form' (M, I or D).
2. Re-import the Vendors and assign "N: (None) to the 1099 Vendor Type field. The 1099 Vendor Type and 1099 Form fields can be changed later in Vendor Maintenance.
3. Assign a Default 1009 Form to each Vendor in Data File Display and Maintenance.
* Open AP1xxx (xxx=Company Code) in LM / Repair / Data File Display and Maintenance (DFDM)
* Click the 'Key Scan' button and select a Vendor that is receiving the error.
* Click the 'Edit' button and enter: Field 1, Position 303, Length 1 and click 'OK'. This displays the 1099 Default Form. Enter either "I" (Interest), "D" (Dividend) or "M" (Miscellaneous) (no quotes).
* Click 'OK' and repeat the steps for each Vendor until the 1099 Default Form has been assigned to each Vendor.

What is the Sage Knowledge Base? Why should I post on the Sage community instead of the MAS90 thread?

The Sage Community is a free public community for users of Sage products. Not only do end users post there but also resellers and Sage tech support. As good as tek-tips it cannot match the quantity and quality of replies you would get on the Sage Community.

And the Knowledge Base is just what the name implies. It is a collection of answers to questions on errors and the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back