Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 3402 Unable to create file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadragon

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2001
IE
Hi all,
I am trying to do a restore from an arcserve backup tape (Arcserve2000) and I keep getting this message I have tried different tapes restoring to different locations and I kwwp getting this message!!!
Any ideas whats up?
Arcserve tech help is useless as usual :(
Thanks
Babs

Run a scan on this tape enabling log all activity... Looks like the backup was not proper...

DatabaseBaba...

You are trying to restore the wrong type of files for that platform (i.e. unix/nw files on Windows). Could that be the case? Do you know what is on the tape and where it came from? Did you try to restore it to the original location?
cheers
TP

Hi dbasebaba,
I will run a scan on the tape, but I tried a few different tapes with the same outcome?

Hi TudorP,
I have restored from Unix to NT before and no problems. I know exactley what is on the tape and where it came from. I tried to restore to the Unix box, not the same location though and it worked out fine....
SO I am at a loss to this error...
Thanks for your replies and suggestions :)
Babs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back