Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 3265 after installing on clean machine 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennyh

Programmer
Sep 22, 2001
US
I have a small database application using VB6 and DAO. It works fine on my development system. When I build a package (w/ the Package and Deployment Wizard), and install the package on a virgin system, the app fails with a 3265, Item not found in this collection. It always fails on the Load of a specific form. All the other forms and associated code work fine. It doesn't appear that any controls are missing from the package. The problem form contains no unique controls. The Form Load of the problem form does contain database accesses, but these do not appear to be anything different from the db accesses that work fine on the other forms.

Any ideas relative to either what this might be or how I can go about gathering additional information which will aid the debug?

Thanks for any help.

Error 3265 usually means that you are using a recordset object you are referencing a field name (the item in the recordsets fields collection) that does not exist in the recordset. This could be because of a typo or a changed query or stored procedure.

Check to see if any recordsets are being used during the form load event. Then see if the fields being references in the code exist in the recordsets fields collection.

zemp

Zemp, thank you for your speedy, helpful response.

Based upon your input, I did some investigation and discovered that the package contained a down-level version of the database -- a level which did not contain one of the referenced fields (consistent with your suggestion). Full verification that this is the problem is awaiting one of my buddies installing it on a clean machine -- but it certainly seems like this was the problem. We'll see.

Thanks for your help.

Lenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back