Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 3112 Compacting Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance1234

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2001
US
Hi

why do we punish ourselves by using microsoft products?
anyway im trying to compact a database everytime i do im getting error 3112 you do not have permission to read this table,

the database has been set up with out passwords or sercurity, and as far as i can tell i have all permissions for everything in there , only thing i can think off is a table deleted many moons ago was set up differently by someone else

anyoen know a way out of this problem ? on the knowledge base it has only got this error when using code,

How about creating a clean database & importing everything from the old one into it??? James Goodman
j.goodman00@btinternet.com

I have had the same problem and found that certain strings of text that contained special charactors or CTRL in records caused the problem. By deleting those records and then re-entering them making (ctrl #124) in a memo field to (control No. 124) the database could then be compacted.

On the other hand it may have simply been a corrupted record in the file. In either case, the suggestion of moving each record to another clean database is the answer.

You can do this programmatically.
Rob Freeman
rfreema1@ameritech.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back