Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error 3087 with StorageTek L20

Status
Not open for further replies.

kluskiman

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
FR
Hi !

When my Storage Tek L20 initializes, it hangs with error 3087. What does this error stands for ?

I think it's something about the optical camera, but i'm not sure.
Looks like my dtatastorage can't read barcodes with ots optical eye.

thanks for the help.

Jem

CSE Description: ERR_SRV_EXCESSIVE_POSITION_ERROR, An excessive position error was detected during motion. Refer to specific FRU callouts for mechanism indicated. Check robotic cabling connections and condition. Check for any robotic obstructions. Check z flex cabling connections and condition.

Display Description: ERR_SRV_EXCESSIVE_POSITION_ERROR, An excessive position error was detected during motion. Refer to specific FRU callouts for mechanism indicated. Check robotic cabling connections and condition. Check for any robotic obstructions. Check z flex cabling connections and condition.
The library (if still in warranty and problem is not caused by incorrect use) will need to be exchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back