Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 3048 - too many databases open

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmaa

Programmer
Nov 22, 2000
US
If any one could enlighten me on this error I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a database that allows the user to print reports from the toolbar which is macro driven. They can open and navigate through the database updating and viewing many records including printing the selected report. Then after about the 5th record/report the error message &quot;Too many open databases&quot; appears. They just continue clicking the <OK> button and the report does print. To avoid this they exit the database get back in and then they can continue again for awhile.

Still somewhat of a novice I'm not sure what to do to eliminate this problem. Another note, the user does not have any other databases open. This is the only database open when this occurs.

Thanks in advance for help on this problem.

I would guess that the process includes code (MACRO?) which causes recordsets to be generated, but does not explicitly release them. This may instantiate a reference to the database ...

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back