Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 2147190908 Failed to export the report (PDF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkJeff

Programmer
Feb 28, 2002
US
I have a batch VB task that wakes up every minute (via Windows task scheduler) to see if there is work to do. If there is, it loops numerous times through. For each iteration, it opens a report, changes the parameters slightly, and exports it to PDF, all using the CRAXDRT.Application, CRAXDRT.Report, etc. objects. The intent is to batch create a number of PDF files for later viewing. I periodically receive a 2147190908 error when it processes a large number of reports one immediately after the other. If I run the report on the failing record by itself, it works fine, so I don't think it's a data problem. I've contacted Crystal, but they don't seem to know what's going on either. There is code at the beginning of the program to ensure that only one task running at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone tried Microsoft's Reporting Server? I'm seriously looking at jumping ship. Thanks!

Jeff Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back