Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 2013 on Insert on a junction table

Status
Not open for further replies.

demosoc

Technical User
Jun 3, 2008
US

Hello All,

I'm new to Mysql and am having some trouble. I'm trying to insert into a junction table, "action_x_recipient", and I'm getting a 2013 error code.

When I run the query w/o the insert, it runs fine.

Basically we get a big data dump (over 8 million rows) which I need to move into the correct tables before dropping the table,"SP". I've already added all distinct recipients (based on unique email) to the "Recipient" table and all unique actions to the "Action" table. There are more tables and junction tables, of course. I haven't had this problem with those tables, however there is more data considered in this situation.

Here are the tables in the query (I've removed fields which are irrelevant to this formula. Also please note that the SP.Mailingname_Id is not equal to MailingName.Id, rather it is represented by MailingName.SPMailing_Id):

Action_x_Recipient
'A_x_R_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'NO', 'PRI', NULL, 'auto_increment', 'select,insert,update,references', ''
'Action_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'YES', 'MUL', NULL, '', 'select,insert,update,references', ''
'Recipient_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'YES', 'MUL', NULL, '', 'select,insert,update,references', ''

Action
'Action_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'NO', 'PRI', NULL, 'auto_increment', 'select,insert,update,references', ''
'MailingName_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'YES', 'MUL', NULL, '', 'select,insert,update,references', ''

Recipient
'Recipient_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'NO', 'PRI', NULL, 'auto_increment', 'select,insert,update,references', ''
'Email', 'varchar(45)', 'latin1_swedish_ci', 'NO', 'UNI', NULL, '', 'select,insert,update,references', ''

MailingName
'MailingName_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'NO', 'PRI', NULL, 'auto_increment', 'select,insert,update,references', ''
'SPMailing_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'YES', 'UNI', NULL, '', 'select,insert,update,references', ''

SP
'SP_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'NO', 'PRI', NULL, 'auto_increment', 'select,insert,update,references', ''
'Mailing_Id', 'int(11)', NULL, 'YES', 'MUL', NULL, '', 'select,insert,update,references', ''
'SP_Report_Id', 'varchar(45)', 'latin1_swedish_ci', 'YES', 'MUL', NULL, '', 'select,insert,update,references', ''
'Email', 'varchar(145)', 'latin1_swedish_ci', 'YES', 'MUL', NULL, '', 'select,insert,update,references', ''
'Event_Type', 'varchar(45)', 'latin1_swedish_ci', 'YES', '', NULL, '', 'select,insert,update,references', ''

Here is the query:

INSERT IGNORE INTO action_x_recipient (Recipient_Id,Action_Id)

SELECT
recipient.Recipient_Id,
action.Action_Id
from
recipient
join
SP ON recipient.email=SP.email
join
mailingname ON SP.Mailing_Id=mailingname.SPMailing_Id
join
action ON mailingname.MailingName_Id = action.MailingName_Id

WHERE