Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 2, (354)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPhil

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2004
GB
I have an NT4 box running Terminal Services which has produced the following error:-

Unable to create temp\lbi02645, error 2. (354)

Now I thought this was just a permissions thing but sadly not, I gave Everyone full rights to that folder and still the same error. I can find nothing on the internet about that error, or that file name. Anyone have any clues?

Once this error is produced another follows which is:-

Registry error 5: Could not create the "PROGRESS" key for the Event Viewer. (5175)

Now this gives me a clue that maybe it is a Progress database is having a problem but I think the registry error is a red herring.

Hello,

I recently had a similiar if not exact issue with our server. We run a software from workstations off a progress db and with the machine I use for specific processes I recieved the same type of message.
It was a permissions issue on the server although not as simple as just changing them on the server I was able to get it done and now can succeed with the processes needed from the workstation.
What software are you running from progress that has association with the NT4.0 server?

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back