Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 1713 on Uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickyS

Programmer
Jan 23, 2003
ZA
Hi!

I'm writing a nested install, at the moment both the main and child installations install only 1 file each. When I run the main installation, everything goes smoothly and both the installs are run.

But when I try to uninstall either from the add/remove programs in control panel or by running the main msi again, I get "Error 1713 Main cannot install one of it's required products. Contact your technical support group". If I run the child installation by itself I get the message "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.".

I have read every article and post I could find on nested installs. Both the calls to install and uninstall the child msi is wrapped in if statements and I've moved the statements to several different places in the Execute immediate script. Nothing helped.

I'm using Wise for Windows Installer 4.2 standard edition on a Windows XP platform. Please help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back