Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 1705]File S:\PRO50\FRDATA\FFMSGSVC.DBF IS NOT AVAILABLE SBT PRO 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2007
US
Hi Everyone,
SBT PRO 5.0
Can anyone please suggest, how can i troubleshoot this ?
this table is not in use at all however, when a user is trying to open "report writer" they get such message as

"Error 1705]File S:\PRO50\FRDATA\FFMSGSVC.DBF IS NOT AVAILABLE[Exclusive Use] Another user nay be reindexing this file or closing the period."
no one is doing the above, so can anyone has a clue about it, the users cannot use the report writer at all
Thanks a lot in advance
Ernesto

If remember correctly, clear all locks for application FR.

Edgar
Integrated Bar Code Systems, Inc.

Hi Edgar,
Thanks to come back to me, i did what you said and found 0 lock.

Also what i did was copied all vfp 5.0 run times library(dll files) to the server folder where the SBTW.EXE resides, in my case i copied all these files below into the S:\PRO50 FOLDER in the server where S: is the letter we use to map to that folder in the server.

vfp5.dll
vfp5Enu.dll
vfp500.dll
vfpodbc.dll
vfpole50.dll
vfpprint.dll

if you think one of the above files(dll) should not be there, please let me know.

now the users can get into the report writer-> report manager
however one specific user still is getting the error
"Error 1705]File S:\PRO50\FRDATA\FFMSGSVC.DBF IS NOT AVAILABLE[Exclusive Use] Another user nay be reindexing this file or closing the period.
Thanks
Ernesto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back