Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 12315 during LOAD TRAN command

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMCraig

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
US
Hi Folks,

Anyone successfully dealt with this one? There's not even a write-up on the error in the Trouble-shooting Guide, as far as I can tell. I get this trying to load a transaction dump.

[tt]
Msg 12315, Level 21, State 1:
Server 'sybase', Line 1:
Corrupt page, Internal error: Mismatch between tail timestamp '3535' and the low two bytes of timestamp in the page header '6757' while accessing page '13562156' of object '1' in database '5'. Please contact Sybase Technical Support.
[/tt]

Here's the version info:

Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12600 ESD#3/P/Linux Intel/Enterprise Linux/ase1253/1911/32-bit/OPT/Fri Jul 8 02:32:50 2005

Just BTW, I haven't called Sybase support (we actually have to go through a 3rd party to get it and don't usually get much help on a highly technical error like this--they tend to tell you to restore from a backup). Although I've successfully patched page data before, if there's any other way, I'd love to know it!

Thanks,

John

John Craig
Alpha-G Consulting, LLC

Just in case anyone else finds this question by searching, I wasn't able to do anything with it. I had to reload a complete dump of the DB from later on and then load later transaction dumps. Good thing I wasn't trying to recover up to the minute (it was just a standby copy that I've been keeping nearly current by loading the transaction dumps as they occur).

Best of luck if you have this problem!

John

John Craig
Alpha-G Consulting, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back