Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 111 Can't update cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayfox

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
US
Help - I distributed an app and I can't get it to work on user's machines. The error that I get is Error 111 can not update the cursor since it is read only.
The table is not read only. If I log in to the machine and run it the exe runs fine.

First, check to see what exactly it is trying to update -- that, which "cursor" is read-only. You can only do that by looking at your code.

Assuming it is referring to a table, check to see if the table is in fact read-only. If it was copied from a CD, it might well be.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Just to make sure I read this right.
on same physical computer,
Someone besides you runs the program and gets the error.
You run the program and it does not error.

You said "you log into the machine"
Does the other person have the same rights on the Machine" as you do ??

David W. Grewe Dave

I distributed the app,on a different machine, using a setup program created by installshield. When I sign the exe runs fine. WHen a use sign on I get the error 111. How do I know if the file is readonly?

Did you perhaps INCLUDE an updateable file in your exe?

Jim

If one person can run the program with no errors but on the same computer anpother person gets the error, The problem is not a READ-OLNY file or both would get the error.

David W. Grewe Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back