Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 0x80131904 when trying to connect to database

Status
Not open for further replies.

torquinian

Programmer
Sep 15, 2006
GB
I set up a laptop with an SQL 2016 database on it and set up a tablet that connected to the database on the laptop and tested it thoroughly.
I then sent them both to a customer. He has a fileserver with the master database on it (The laptop database is an emergency fall back position).
Both the laptop and the tablet can access the master database on the fileserver when using the work network, but the tablet cannot access the database on the laptop.
The tablet also does not access the laptop on his home network or when using his phone as a hotspot.

I have looked at the Advanced Sharing settings in the Network and Sharing Centre and they look fine to me.

I cannot see that anything has changed internally on either machine that would prevent the tablet connecting to the laptop.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back