Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 0x80042108 when I open email

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshineandwine

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
CA
We are using W2k server and W2k professional sp4 on all computers. 1 computer has suddenly started receiving the message when we open outlook xp
Task' pop.lastpostfund.ca - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
In outlook express 6 the message is :
The connection to the server has failed. Account 'pop.lastpostfund.ca',Server:'poplastpostfund.ca', Protocol: POP3, port:25, secure (SSL): No Socket Error:10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E.
I have searched for solutions but can't find an applicable one. I have seen solutions with norton 2002 and 2003 however we are running Symantec small business 9.0 there is not an individual firewall and all the other computers on the network are reciving email fine. The symantec was upgraded from 8 to 9 but at least 2 weeks prior to this error and the computer was receiving mail fine after the upgrade until last Thursday. There are 6 other computers on the network with the same settings all are working fine. This computer is able to access the internet withour any problems.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

the solution for this from another forum was to uninstall and reinstall the local NAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back