Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error (0x7da) occurred while rendering a message for download ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

INETCO1

MIS
Jan 7, 2002
CA
Calling all experts,

this problem has proved most troublesome for me.

I have a user with a message in her inbox. When she selects it in Outlook 2000 (regardless of which computer she uses), it "hangs" Outlook. Resorting to Outlook Express, I get a similar error stating the following:

"The requested message could not be converted to an RFC-822 compatible format. Please contact your administrator"

The following is also in the error message:
---
Configuration:
Account: server.domain.com
Server: server.domain.com
User name: useraccount
Protocol: IMAP
Port:143
Secure(SSL): 0
Code: 800cccd2
---

I check the NT4 server and I can see an error message in the event log (Source=MSExchange IMAP4 Category=Client Action Event ID=13000) with a description like the following:

An error (0x7da) occurred while rendering a message for download on mailbox /O=ORGANIZATION/OU=DOMAIN/CN=CONTAINER/CN=USER_MAILBOX.

The server is running NT4 SP6A + Exchange 5.5 SP4. The clients are running Win2k with SP2 & SP3, Outlook SR1 & SR1+ Office SP2

The message is an NDR that was delivered to one particular individual out of a group of people.

I tried the Technet but it was no use and when I used the search for TekTips I couldn't find any relevant info.

your help is much appreciated,

thanks,
Steve

Well it would appear that the user's idea of small is around 19MB in size... and on my dual p3 500 with 512MB of RAM... with an IS size of around 8GB... it takes a few minutes for the message to be downloaded and displayed. Outlook just appeared to be hung while it tried to download the message.

cheers,
S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back