Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Erro in ADO RecordSet with Access database

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRawat

Programmer
Aug 12, 2002
IN
I have a applicatin in CDROM

If i run from CDROM so i geting error in record set
and if i run from Hard driv (copy app. in hard driv) it's working well

In this app useing Access database with ADO connection and recordset. I make a record set with " adUseClient "

what type a recodset i use to run

All VB program has to be installed. This is to ensure that all necessary libaries activeX components etc. is installed on the pc.
You cannot expect a VB program to work on a random pc without installing it first. That is the way VB comes, if you don't like that you have to use another language (like C++). In VB.net this has (partly) been solved by distubuting all the necessary libaries as a part of .net. This means that if the client pc has .net installed it should be able to run without installing it first. But then on the other hand you have to make sure that the client has .net ... From plauge to cholera! Sunaj
'The gap between theory and practice is not as wide in theory as it is in practice'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back