Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERR 057

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit454

Technical User
Feb 1, 2006
US
I am getting a ERR 057, here is c+p

Minor 44187 ERR057 04/02/07 07:16:01 New 8 0 12 13 80004060

I am getting this on the same TN 4 to 5 times a day. What does this err code stand for. I could not find it in my manuals and in OTM, when you click it it says could not find err 057, contact vendor. Thanks everybody, great site.

Did you get any Audits after that Error & do you have a loop 57?

Try outing the TNB and rebuild it. Also run LD 1 audits to see if you have any corruption.

My System Messages book says...

"ERR0057 Excess invalid input messages from digital sets. Every input message is
counted. When the total count reaches a limit, this error message will be
printed and the count is reset to zero. The TN printed is the only TN that
generated the last invalid massage. Other TNs may have generated earlier
messages. If no faults are found on the reported unit then investigate other
cards.
Action: Contact your technical support.
Severity: Minor. Critical to Monitor: No. SNMP trap: Yes"

my 1st thought would be the station. could be the port but not as common.. that one could even be cause by layer one, a wet jack can cause 57's as well as a bad connection.. i've never found a problem that outing the tn and putting it back helped.. and i know techs that do that 1st for every problem.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Best one I found was a cable that went out doors to a different building and first cross-connected on a outdoor weather-proof (supposedly) pedistal. A family of rats had moved in and made themselves at home. Just loaded the pedistal up with grass leaves and odd bits of cloth. Chew on a wire here, chew on a wire there... and of course everytime they rolled over on or kicked a wire pair they had stripped we got a short then later the short would go away. They switch was having fits and sending all sorts of error messages, like it didn't know which one was the best to send to the terminal. Well we cleared the rats, ran a few new cross-connects and TADA... running error free again.
Tom

if we start on strange layer one problems, we could be here a while..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back