Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Erasing Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtown33

MIS
Feb 1, 2006
US
One of my bosses was waiting on a phone Treo 650. Little did he know that so was another agent. Needless to say the wrong person got the phone, and snyced all of his information on to it. Now, I have figured out that they have the wrong phones. So, I need to remove all of the information that has been put on the phone. How do I do that?

Make sure you have the latest HotSync software (4.1.4e I believe).

Sync the old Treo first to back up all the information for the other agent, then with the correct Treo for that agent just sync and point it to the profile for that agent. It should restore all of the information for him.

On the old Treo that was meant for your boss, you will want to do a hard reset. The information that Palm provides for resetting a Treo requires you to be a contortionist. I've found that holding onto the Power button, hitting reset, then letting go of the Power button when the "Palm" logo appears, works just fine. If you do it correctly, a message should appear asking whether you want to erase all data. Press "Up" on the direction pad to say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back