Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Erase memory G55 Officejet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmrVA

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
US
Does anyone know if the G55 Office jet has a hard drive to remove and if not how to erase the non volatile memory before I dispose of this unit.

Thanks

Not many printers, especially home or small office grade printers, have hard drives. Nothing to do for you there except power it off and unplug it and all memory contents will "drain" out of the memory sticks (RAM) in a few minutes.

What are you hiding? Inquiring minds are curious.

Thanks, Makes sense......for printers, but what about all-in-ones with scanners?

You asked about a specific unit and I gave you the answer for that specific unit. Are you asking about a different model now??

I meant (implied) printer/fax/scanner/copier (all-in-ones) when I said "printers". Sorry not to be specific.

Only the higher end machines that are made more for offices of 25 people or more tend to have hard drive which store a copy of a scanned image so that they can copy it multiple times after scanning only once. And they offer storage which can be accessed via the network.

No I am not asking about another machine. When I said that makes sense for printers, I was assuming you did not realize the G55 was an all in one and that it had a scanner. The manual does not show a hard drive, so I should be good.

As for what am I hiding, personal information that might have been scanned and printed.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, I knew it was an all-in-one with no hard drive. I looked it up before answering.

I was joking about what you're hiding. I'm sure lots of printers would have interesting stories to tell if they could talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back