Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Erase Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzaro

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
US
Does anybody know how to erase/wipe an octel hard drive from within the system? We are getting rid of the octel 250 system and need to wipe all user data from it.

From the modem dialup, there are some options for hard drive utilities but I didn't see anything that looks like what I need.

LOL, I would use a really big magnet or a hammer.

I am certain there is a utility at the machine language level, but it's not a menu item.

--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

I would love to smash the entire thing, but it belongs to a vendor. The link does not appear to work and I have not found anything in system manuals 1-5. What is the title of the document? I do have access to menu 20.

What is the name of the document that discusses system utilities?

Thanks for the document. Unfortunately I am running on version 3.1, which does not have all of the same menu options. I was able to remove all of the mailboxes by using mailbox manager. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Just buy a replacement drive from the vendor and takeyours out. That's what I have to do. Then I go through a secure destruction firm to have them shredded.

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

It can be wiped remotely by doing a system initialization on it and making it look just like it came from the factory

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back