Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equivalent of Sharepoint Content Types in Livelink

Status
Not open for further replies.

RajaneeshJM

Programmer
Apr 22, 2014
IN
Hi,

We have an application which is already integrated with Documentum and Sharepoint. Now I am supposed to integrate with Livelink. Below is the requirements to be achieved during the integration.

1. Login to livelink with valid username/password using webservices
2. List all workspaces available for the user
3. List documents/folders available in a particular workspace[selected by user]
4. Provide option to search documents/folders based on attributes [Title, FileName, Created Date etc]

I am able to achieve requirement 1 using Authentication webservice

Requirement 3 can be achieved using DocumentManagement

For requirement 2, using DocumentManagement webservice I am able to list the Enterprise and Personal workspace. Projects also can be considered as workspace. I am unable to filter for objects which are of type Project. I assume that we have to use the SearchService but unable to identify the method

For requirement 4, I would like to list the attributes which are available for all objects. In Sharepoint we have a concept of Content Types. Is Content Type concept available in livelink also? If yes, how to list the same?

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards
Rajaneesh JM

The closest Livelink equivalent to Share Point Content types is the "Classification" .Most mature livelink organizations do not use classifications but adopt the "RM Classification"
Classifications and RM Classifications are alternative ways to look at collections of data.For e.g "I want to find all Financial Documents that pertain to offshore accounts of my firm"

I truly do not know what SP CT are but a quick google check tells me it is used in SP to model something like I have shown above so I put 2 and 2 together and came with that explanation for you.

If you are a vendor who wants to market something with OT you should get in touch with them and clarify these kind of things.They are very receptive and could provide much better explanations .AFAIK most DMS's have very common features and livelink ,dctm are very mature solutions so whatever SP has is probably old wine in a new bottle.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back