Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equinox Board SST8 MultiModem Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmalson

MIS
Jun 26, 2000
US
My shiva went belly up!!!!! So I Purchased an Internal PCI Equinox board so my network clients running NT 4.0 Workstation can dial vendors and receive reports and such...
I also downloaded a trial version of Spartacom's MPNT Modem Pool software. I Installed the board into the W2K Server, Installed the Modem Drivers, and the Spartacom Modem Pool Software. I can establish a connection with the modem pool, dial-out and authenticate onto the remote site, but then I get timed out and disconnected without receiving any files. Here's the catch, if the remote host is just a plain old serial connection through a modem (BBS) and doesn't use TCP/IP it works fine. Throw TCP/IP into the mix and thats were I get the time outs and disconnects. I have been testing with one vendor in particular. This vendor has thier dial-up connection dynamically assign an IP address and Default gateway once authenicated. I have verified this through IPCONFIG. But I cannot ping the vendors default gateway. I can ping the Address assigned to my modem port but I cannot ping their server. Here is another catch, The ICMP error I receive back is "Request Timed Out", not "Destination Host Unreachable". If anyone has any experience with this type of issue I sure would appreciate some assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back