Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epxress Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murksel

Technical User
Feb 18, 2008
DE
Hi, got a problem here with Fax and Express Messaging:
Already check the Nortel Database and can confirm the following:
-my VM DN is prime set to a line between (125 - 268)
-got keycodes for Fax Suite
-set up a subscriber VM with "Fax Only" ticked

At the moment I am trying to send a fax from external fax machine and it is not hitting the VM

Anything else I have to check?

Have you got the target line set on express messaging in the users mailbox. Where does the call go when you test ?

You mean within the subscriber mailbox settings in CP?

That would be my target line 140 which I have my VM DN assigned to as a primeset in Element Manager, wouldn't it.

Hm, just another thought: I wouldn't have to initialize my fax mailbox, would I? The BCM should recognized that it's set to fax and act like a fax MB straight away ... ?

A colleague mentioned that on a BCM200 Rls 3.7 express messaging had to be enabled somewhere in the root - but surely this applies only to the NT systems. The BCM50 with it's linux system should be fully manageable through CP and EM!

Yes, in the users mailbox, input your target line number (140 in you case) in the express messaging option

That's the way it's set up already - still not getting throught to VM - just getting a triple tone.

Where does the call go ? Do you have that target line appearing anywhere else ?

Nope, checked that already - went throught the whole express messaging setup again - any iea what I could test to narrow down the problem?

I would start by using BCM monitor to see where the call is terminating and work from there

Looks ok, ..

just set up autoattendant and a proper CCR tree for faxes and it works.

Seems like something is not right with express messaging ...

Iy you call the fax/Target Line 140 do you get the mbox greeting?

Adversity is Opportunity

Is the target line programed with the correct recived digits. And do what Dewey said call it directly and see if you get the mailbox. You will have to take fax only off for the test.

The Voice Mail Dn. has to be prime for the target line that
you are assigning to express message for faxes.

Its also important that you dont just set the VM DN as prime for that Target Line... you also need to change "If busy to prime" on that selected Target Line

Explain what you mean by "triple tone".

Also, do ANY DID calls work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back