Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson TM-P60 Wireless Printer and Micros 3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael2010

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2010
US
Has anyone ever successfully configured an Epson TM-P60 Wifi Printer? Ultimately I want to configure it to work with a Micros 3700 System, but for not I cannot even get past getting it on the network.

The documentation from Epson indicates you have to use an AP for the intial programming.

I turned my router into an AP using these instructions:
The Espon directions say to set the AP to have the SSID and encryption as whatever is printed on a diagnostics page from the printer. I did that when converting router to an AP.

I can ping the AP from the laptop and the printer is no more than 5 feet from the AP.

Any feedback is appreciated on both the printer config to get it on the network and even if someone knows how to actually configure it in Micros.

I actually got this working. I factory reset the TM-P60 and it went into ad hoc mode. I was then able to connect to it with a laptop and program the IP and wireless security settings.

This is setup as a TM-88 series printer with the Micros server as the network node in POSConfigurator and then set the printer as the reciept printer for the MC70.

One limitation is that the printer does have the live on the same subnet as the server. Only the last octet of the IP address can vary.

Resetting the Printer to Factory Defaults

Open the roll paper cover. Turn on the printer's power while pressing down the FEED button. Press the FEED button 6 times. Close the roll paper cover. The printer prints the procedure for resetting. Follow the procedure.

The above is from the manual. I don't have the printer handy anymore, but once I got that slip to print it was easy to follow. That procedure will work on the blue tooth version of the printer (for Micros 9700 systems) as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back