Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson T88 Windows driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTSMAN

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
US
I am trying to get a T-88 to print through windows. I have downloaded the driver setup from the Epson Expert website but when it runs it kicks back and error half way through. Has anyone seen this? What's the fix? I found references when Googled but no answers.

Error message:
System Call Error
The specified module could not be found
code: 0x03020005

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

BO-

Which windows are you using. The drivers are will not work with win95, or win98. It will work:

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4 English
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 English
Microsoft Windows XP Embedded SP2

But it doesn't say either way about NT? curious...

I'm sure you read the directions but just in case there is also this:

If this EPSON Advanced Printer Driver for TM Series will be installed on the
same PC with another printer driver or EPSON Printer Window2! for an EPSON
terminal printer (page printer, ink jet printer, etc), you must install or
uninstall these drivers in order shown below:
[Installation]
1. EPSON terminal printer driver
2. EPSON Advanced Printer Driver for TM Series
[Uninstallation]
1. EPSON Advanced Printer Driver for TM Series
2. EPSON terminal printer driver

I also found this:

Okay, I got this printer and finally got it to print. I called they have this same printer and the cable for sale. In the back of my tm88III parallel connection, it label rs-232. I was advise that it needed a parallel(25pin) cable, "null modem", to a serial(9pin) to PC. Once I hook it up and property my printer to use COM1. It work! But I don't know why it print so slow, I use the TM88-II driver, maybe that's why.

Here is a link to the whole thread.

good luck!!

There is no separate driver for the TM-T88III ... it uses the TM-T88II driver. Your slow printing is probably because you are using a downloaded font from Windows rather than one of the builtin fonts in the TM-T88III. Try the "15 cpi" font from notepad and see what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back