Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson stylus 3200 cartridge monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenm

Instructor
Aug 28, 2003
US
This printer monitors both the ink level in the cartidge it also counts the numbe of times I run nozzle cleaner. Would like to find out how to reset monitor values so I can refill the cartridges and replace the waste ink pads without bringing it in for service.

Howdy:

To my knowledge you can't (and I stand to be corrected here).. All that info is contained on a small chip on the print cartridge itelf.. Once it says the cartridge is empty, then nothing you do will let it say otherwise..

Murray

It turns out you can. There is a freeware program called sscserv that allows reseting the counters at any time. Also, there are web sites that sell a hardware device that you can use to to reset the cartridge after it is refilled and before you reinstall it.

Thanks for trying. Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back