Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson R280 - ink replacement in middle of print job - wastes paper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SausageRocket

Technical User
Mar 19, 2007
Hey,

I purchased a R280 with CISS system from you and I have a small problem. I'm not sure if its printers fault or the systems fault. I print a lot of photos, when the epson's system monitor shows low ink I try to reset the chips by pulling the ink cartridges out and replacing them. That usually does not do the trick, I have to wait until the printer tells me to replace the ink because its low. The problem is that usually the printer tells me to change the ink in a middle of a print job! and when I change the ink, the printer spites out the half printed page. After the ink is changed it resumes whatever is left to print on the next page! this is an awful waste of expensive printer paper and ink. With 6 cartridges it gets to the point where only 50% of my photos print out in full! I read that other epson printers will resume the job on the same page when ink is changed. I'm wondering if you have ever experienced a similar problem or know anything on this topic?

Thanks,
Bart

Sorry did mean to mean purchased from you but purchase in general. This is just a copy paste of an email I sent out to the actual vendor I purchased the printer from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back