Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson printer dx4450 wont print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinapa

Technical User
Nov 12, 2008
GB

hi guys, i've epson printer dx4450 that won't print. power, paper & ink lights are flashing. i just added new inks, still no joy. no paper jammed inside. i noticed it started acting this way when i was printing a big pdf file. i've checked all connections to/from pc/printer. i'm stuck, any ideas guys how to fix this?! it says "general error"

Using a PCL driver for a Postscript document?
And vice-versa, can cause a lot of weird things.
How is it hooked up? If network, the NIC may be confused. Update the firmware for it.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

it is just connected directly to my desktop pc.

how do i update the firmware? is it downloadable from epson's site?

Of course. Clear out any documents in the driver, and re-install driver from site. Firmware must be downloaded, and then sent via network. You can try the USB port for that. Also download the Epson downloader file.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

hi, i am good with pcs but honestly i don't know alot about printers. All i do is print documents and change ink cartridge and that is about it. It is probably cause i never tried repairing a printer anyway. The other day i purchased an ink cartridge black indivudal ink code T0711 I followed the exact procedure on replacing ink using the utility available in control panel, printers etc. When it says insert ink cartridge I did so and it comes to wizard where it displays charge ink then suddenly it displays incompatible ink. I tried using the printer's buttons to replace ink still same result.
The ink is genuine from epson £10. This printer is just nearly older than 12 month, i so wish it was under warranty I could have taken it back for repair. I mean through out this period I only installed one ink cartridge and used samples at first. I mean I didn't even use this that much and it has problem. When the ink was installed the on and stop ink light were flashing, I know you have to wait about 2.5 mins for ink to charge and i did but still nothing. I mean I can't change amount of copies I want it is like it is frozen. Somehow it does scan, it can't copy or print.
And another thing when I used to turn on my printer before it used to make some sound usual and then it was like the print head goes from one side to the other it doesn't do that now.
Do you think it is because when my ink run out I left it there for a while I didn't replace it quickly.
please i hope you take the time in helping me with this, i do really appreciate it. I would take it to repair but i cannot afford it and it will cost probably more than the printer.

...i purchased an ink cartridge black indivudal ink code T0711...
Were you replacing a black ink cartridge? In the Epson printer that I have you must replace each cartridge with an identical cartridge of the same colour as was in that cartridge slot previously.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back