Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson 25pin --> Elo 151A adapter pinout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xayk

MIS
Jul 10, 2006
US
A long shot, I know. I got an Elo 15A1 touchcomputer to fiddle around with, and while it's been really smooth so far (up and floating Aloha 5.3.31e), I don't have a pinout to go from my TM88 III w/ 25 pin serial to the 15A1's RJ45 serial. I've tried adapters for Javelin, IBM 531/Radiant 1510, and IBM 533's with no love.

The system shipped with a db9 --> RJ45 cable, so I'm trying to dig up a 25 to 9 converter, but in the long run, it sure would be keen to have an adapter pinout. So far Elo support, in responding to this query, has entirely failed to understand what I'm talking about. (But if they do, I'll update.)

Thankee.

I don't know the setup for the ELO terminal but...

Get a schematic of the serial port for the ELO terminal. Compare that to the schematic for the 25 pin port on the printer. All lines will be straight thru, (ground on one end to ground on the other etc) except the signal out on the computer end has to be a stright shot to the signal in on the printer end. Also the signal in on the computer end has to be straight thru to the signal out on the printer end. The easiest way to do this is with a standard patch cable. Pin out your DB25male to RJ45female adapter to handle the needed crossovers. With the schematics and a continuity meter this is a quick process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back