Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPOS 5.2A SP6 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

liaml1

MIS
Nov 24, 2004
DM
Good day everyone,

I am trying to modify the receipts that EPOS prints to include line discounts(discounts on individual items rather than overall discounts). I then want my extended price to be reflected with discount already applied.

When I took a closer look at the value of recDetail.Price I noticed that ePos already displays it net of discount. So I calculated the discount percentage as (recDetail.Discount)/ (recDetail.Price + recDetail.Discount). I also modified the price field to recDetail.Price + recDetail.Discount so that it would show the original price of the item. This gave me satisfactory results for a while but I soon found out that not all recDetail.Price values are saved already net of discount.

My issue is that in the [recDetail.Price] field ePos sometimes gives the price of the item with the discount already applied and other times it saves the price without the line discount applied. This affects the report because I have already modified the price field to show {recDetail.Price + recDetail.discount} Is it possible to make ePos save the price of the item as is diplayed in I/C of ACCPAC for all items(i.e. without discount applied)?

Any input would be appreciated.

Liam

Thaks for the reply.

So is there a way I can know which items ePos chooses to save the discounted price for and those it shows the actual price for?

Liam

Generally discount applied to a line item will show the net price for the item, discount applied to the invoice will show the list price for the item.

That is exactly my issue here. On the invoices the changes I amde appear to be working fine but when it comes to printing the Layaway's it messes things up because some items that have line discounts applied to them have the prices net of discount and others do not.

What is the latest Service Pack for Epos?

Liam

SP6, they have stopped development on 5.2 so there will not be another SP.
This is not a SP issue, this is just the way the program is designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back