Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePortfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devikl

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2007
US
Does anyone publish reports using eportfolio, when I try to run the report I receive and error message stating that the log on parameters are incorrect.

I have verified that the data source is created on the Enterprise server.

I forgot to mention that the driver for the database is "SQL SERVER".

Your published report does not have the database logon credentials setup.

After a report is published, it is necessary to setup the database logon credentials.

You do this via the Central Management Console under the report's Process, database tab.

Thank you, I tried to set the Database logon information by selecting "use original database logon information from the report" and I still got the following error:

Error Message: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File D:\Temp\Jobserver\procSched\SRV484.report\~tmp10b84eda867c7c0.rpt.

I tried using the "use custome database logon information specified here" option as well and recieved the same error.

I am not sure what else needs to be done, please help.....

Yes, but did you put the username and password into the appropriate boxes on the database tab?

Yes, I did the password consist of 5 characters, I notice when I select update the password field is populated with 7 characters.

I am thinking there is a policy that requires at least 7 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back