Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePortfolio How to Limit Schedule Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never2L8

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2009
US
So sorry to post this again. I just joined tek tips and do not see an option to edit my post after I've submitted...

Work setting has multiple facilities with a common intranet. I would like to give a user(s) access to schedule 1 report using ePortfolio. User will be a Named User, not a Guest account (Guest account has been disabled). Rights have been set so that only 1 folder (with 1 report) is accessible. Report requires 2 parameters to be entered.

Our site uses Crystal Enterprise 9.

I do not want the user to be able to modify settings for Format, Destination, etc., during the scheduling process. I only want the user to see "Parameters" and "Schedule".

How do I do this? I essentially want to give scheduling rights without giving the user the ability to alter format, destination, etc... (all the things that come with scheduling rights)

Is there a way to limit the rights within the scheduling options? Is ePortfolio the way to go, or is there something else out there like a web based link?

TIA again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back