Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePortfolio Decommission

Status
Not open for further replies.

mschaefer

Technical User
Apr 18, 2001
US
We are planning a decommission of ePortfoilio and looking at new server based distribution tools for our Crystal Reports. There is no documentation on what reports are scheduled or who they go to except what resides on ePortfolio. Can anyone suggest a way to get the schedule information and the .rpt files out of ePortfolio to make it easier to import into the new tool?

Assuming that this is an earlier version of Crystal Enterprise, you may be able to get some of this information from the CMS database that it runs on.

It's been a long time (many years!) since I've looked at that database, so I don't remember exactly how to get to it.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

I know that on the BI platform prior to 4.0, you had to use the Query Builder to extract information or use a SDK developed tool (which I have never used). I know that the BOB (Business Objects Board) forum has some SDK tools. I do not know if they would work with your setup.

kray4660, from the sound of it, this is pre-BusinessObjects, when the software was owned by Crystal Decisions, so I doubt that BOB has anything for this.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back