Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePolicy and domain with multiple subnets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2001
IE
Probably a stupid question, but do I need to specify IP ranges for a domain with multiple subnets within the server?
I've broken the domain into multiple groups based on location....the question is do I need to let the server know what the IP range for each group is in order for policy enforcement?

Hi

No.
As long as you have communication between the server and the agents, you can have them all in the same site/group etc and have the same policy for all your machines.

AVDude Cheers
AVDude

Good, it's just that I seem to be having problems TC to certain groups.
Will keep working on it, @ least now I dont have to worry about the IP issue.....
cheers

The only thing the IP addresses are really good for is when new ePO agents communicate to the ePO server. This allows ePO to know which group to put them in.

This works really slick. I use it to manage all my workstations. When a new workstation is discovered, it is put into the correct group based on its IP address.

Mary

Hi have u all tried managing it from different classes of IP address. that is a server in class A network address manage a server in class b network address. Can you tell me how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back