Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePolicy 3.6 Scheduled Tasks Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1koolkat

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2004
GB
One of my epolicy 3.6 servers has suddenly stopped pulling updates from the McAfee website. When i take a look at the Task Logs the task is showing as "Waiting." As the tasks are scheduled to run overnight the Repository Pull task has been know to be "waiting" for over 48 hours. The only way to stop it is by restarting the McAfee Application SErver service and then pulling manually

Nothing has been changed on the server and it can't be a firewall or proxy issue as a manual pull works perfectly

Has anyone come across this one.

Came across something similar – epo3.6 etc, tasks not working, but on mine the schedule date and time of Next run was blank – I looked it up on McAfee Support from what I remember there was a few things to try, one of which was to look in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\Task

In there I found the ini files for the tasks, or lack of them, so I did a restore and restarted services/or server and they kicked in.

I suppose one to try would be to create a new pull task and see if that works.

Hope it works.

The symptoms are not the same, however i have deleted all the sheduled tasks, deleted the tasks in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\Task folder and the backup tasks stops all the relevant services, rebooted and then recreated all. Same problem. A manual pull works. Schedules pulls don't. McAfee are as usual, completely clueless. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back