Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO4 and report on VS7/7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgrasso

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2001
IT
Hi,
i have EPO v4 that manage only VS8 or VS8.5.

Actually i see 1200 client and i see the 800+ client using vs8/85

How is possible have a report that show me VS7 and 7.1?

thanks for help
Fabio

Fabio,

You can create a query using a pie chart, for example, and configure the 'Configure Criteria' where 'Product Version' = 7.0 and 7.1 or you may want to have it be more specific. You may want to have 'Product Version' >=7 AND < 8.

You will want to play with that so that you are getting the report you really want.

I will say I think the reporting in 4.0 is FAR superior than previous versions of ePO.

Regards,

Jeff

Hi Fabio

Jeff's response is correct, although to be a little more specific, you will need to customize and run a compliance report which specifies the compliance of machines in your network.

Although there are a few things to consider:

1) Are the agents installed on the machines running VSE 7.0 or 7.1 communicating with EPO 4.0?

2) Are VSE 7.0 or 7.1 supported in anyway alongside EPO 4.0?

3) Are you aware the McAfee no longer support VSE 7.0 and 7.1 as stated in their End Of Life statement. Support for VSE 7.0 ended in March 2005 and VSE 7.1 ended in December 2007.

EPO 4.0 was released around September 2007 (3 months before VSE 7.1 went end of support and almost 2.5years after 7.0 went end of support.

It is highly unlikely that EPO 4.0 was designed to accomodate these versions of VSE, but i would query it with Tech Support to be sure (although expect limited response due to the VSE products being unsupported)

McAfee Enf Of Life:
Hope this helps

McAfeeGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back