Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO Version 2.0 newb problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

teqmod

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
US
We just had the person responsible for EPO leave and this is a task I have inherited. There was never an automatic update schedule set-up for our machines and every machine is in the lost and found. Some how this person was able to push out hte new DAT's but I do not know how to do this. I have read the user guide and followed this as best possible but no luck. From what I have read I need to set up a new task and schedule it to run and I have done this. It is enabled as well. I have downloaded the .dat file and under the task settings configured the site to the path of the DAT that I downloaded.

The strange thing is my machine is auto updating without my intervention but according to the EPO console it is out of date.

We do have 3.0 here and I will update and learn this software soon but I need to get this working ASAP.

do agent wake up calls to get all your machines to check in and recieve the new policy (the scheduled update time), and the new repository list. Once they have this info they will automatically update from the repository you setup.

Tried the wake up call, nothing happens.

OK, first thing first.

Do you really have 2.0 installed or is it 2.5.1? In either case do you use VirusScan Enterprise or only 4.5.1? The update tasks for them differ quite a bit, because CommonUpdater performs updates for VSE.

Perhaps the guy before you configured autoupdate tasks localy (i.e. he went to each and every computer and configured the update task in the VirusScan console).

In any case I strongly suggest moving all the computer into the directory (create a custom site first and move them in there) and then update ePO to version 3.5 . It is much simpler to use than 2.* and much more powerful.

From what I can tell he has the computers in groups under the lost & Found. I saw him once working with the system and he manually would push out the latest version to each group.

Of course this is also installed on an AD domain controller and from everything I have read it should not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back