Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO Server Database Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

addus5

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
I posted thread38-925724 a while ago.

My EPO database is now up to around 66gigs even after the SQL has put in mantianance plans. In my organization we have about 12,000 machines reporting in. I think the majority of events are false positives from the stock behavior blocking rules. As of now I think we only have 6 months worth of data. Our database is currently on the same machine as the EPO server and we are looking to migrate it to another box.

What is the size of everyone elses database and how many clients do you have? Do you have multiple EPO servers? Has anyone figured out a way to shrink down the database or get rid of the data?

Just under 1300 PCs - Database about 1200 MB. I only have one ePO Server. The data stored on my ePO Server has been accumulating since 2002.

Every couple of days, I'll run the Repair function under Events. (Reporting - ePO Databases - ePO Servername - Evetns)

You may also want to check the Filtering function, also under Events and deselect any entries that are not useful to you. I've disabled [8501] Encrypted/Corrupt item found and it made a significant decrease in the number of useless events logged by our GroupShield server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back