Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO Reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiley

MIS
Apr 11, 2003
US
I'm using ePO 2.5.1.

I'm trying to figure out how the reports are generated and what information is sent to the Anti-Virus Informant Database (AVI Database).

My question is this: I've created a test virus that is detected by my AV software. It generates an alert message so I know that the test virus was detected. But when I go into look for the virus in the reports, it does not show up as detected.

Does anyone have a clue where I should start looking?

I guess the question(s) I am trying to answer is:

How can I be certain that all alerts are being sent to the Anti-Virus Informant Database (AVI Database)?

Where can I verify that alerts are being sent to the Anti-Virus Informant Database (AVI Database)?

That information will be sent once the agent communicates back to the ePO server. Those "events" are sent during that time and not in real-time.

HTH,

AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

I don't think this is correct in my environment. I've done an agent wake up call and the virus detection information still does not show up.

I do know that agent is communicating with the server, so I don't believe that is the problem. Other report information for this machine is correct (the coverage info like Engine version, DAT version, etc) but it is not reporting virus detections in the infection portion of the reports area.

The ePO Agent policy needs to be configured to Upload events back to the AVI Database. It's easy to do.

Select the Directory in the left pane (this is a matter of personal preference - I do almost all policy changes at this level and tweak them as required further on down the tree). Select the Policies tab. Go to the ePolicy Orchestrator Agent section and click the Configuration section. The Event Options tab allows you to customize what events to upload, how often etc.

Good Luck

tj [fish]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back