Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO reporting VS7.1E workstation as 'unprotected'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottonpants

Technical User
May 27, 2003
CA
Investigating why ePO is reporting a workstation as 'unprotected' when it has VirusScan 7.1E installed.

Looks like it has to do with missing the VirusScan7100 entry in the Application Plugins section of ePO in the registry.

Any idea why this would happen and how to resolve? I have reinstalled the agent with no success.

Did you pull both the 7.1 package and add new software to be managed into the EPO server and repository?

yep - I've got about 4000 other workstations working fine... it's just this one (and 62 others, and I have a feeling many of these will be the same problem.)

Have you tried performing an Agent Wakeup Call with the "Get Full Product Properties" checkbox enabled? Sometimes that fixes the same problem we get here. In other cases, you may need to look for a FullProps.ini file (ePO 2.5.x) and delete it and then perform the Agent Wakeup Call with full property scan. (Not sure how to do this in ePO 3.x).

If that fails, the only other way I could get it to work properly was to remove VSE 7.1, the ePO Agent and then reinstall VSE and then the ePO Agent. I tried copying the registry key and value, that you mentioned, from one PC to the one that doesn't work properly and was unable to get the agent to see it still.

found a 'fix'

I had to stop the Framework service, manually create the VIRUSCAN7100 key (don't ask me why its spelled with only one 'S'... that tripped me up for a while) and all the string values, then did a full property wake up call and it worked.

If I didn't stop the Framework, something kept deleting the key on me before I could type in all the values.

If you say you're using VS7.1E, i'm assuming that's the evaluation version, right?

Try installing the licensed version and see if it still comes up as unprotected

AVChap

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once.
I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work,
I will find the way that will work.”
--Thomas Edison

Hi AVChap - in this case E is for 'Enterprise'.

Once getting the registry key in place everything is hunky dory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back