Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO Policy for Groupshield 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tencel

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2002
GB
I have installed EPO 2.5.1/SQL2000 on a 2000 server and added the packages we use to the repository. Our Exchange 5.5 server (on NT) is running GroupShield 5 (upgraded from 4.5), and I had already set up a policy on the Exchange server itself. I re-created this policy on the EPO server and installed the EPO agent to the Exchange server. The EPO server database shows the proper product code on the Exchange server.
However, all of my original settings in GroupShield were reset to the defaults (No notification, no updating, no blocking, etc), and when I change them on the Exchange Server, they again go back to the defaults by the EPO agent. I realize the EPO agent is resetting the policy, but why is it using the default policy and not the one I created on the EPO server? I checked the FullProps.ini file on the Exchange server and it's settings correspond to the defaults and not the policy I created. Help!

I managed to fix it myself. I had set up the Exchange server in a group, and it apparently did not like this. Once I removed the Exchange server and it's group, the Exchange server immediately showed up in the Lost & Found group and I was then able to make the changes. Be careful when using groups to organize your EPO policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back