Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePo Orchestrator Service pack 1 or 3.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3dr0

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2003
BE
This update is avaible on the NAI site with a valid grant number.
110 Mb, it's a new server and console installation

There is also a new agent to deploy.

After reading the readme.txt file, i think this update is really a good thing.

P3dr0

be careful, it just destroy one of my epo config !

just at the end, it blocks and gives an error message !

hopefully i backed up database and now i launch the msc console icon but snapin for reporting doesn't work !

i am no responses yet from nai (tec support advied me to install that !)

so let me know if it runs ok for you !

You make me afraid

What was the error message ?
Whats you configuration ?
Are you doing the upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 or from 2.5.1 to 3.0.1 ?

I dont think you will have a reponse from NAI, they never give a response.

I am still waiting the accord from my boss to upgrade it.

in cas this would help :

epo 3.0 (and above i presume) WILL NOT WORK with windows 2000 SP4 - only with SP3. I have reported the incident to NAI (France)

What doesn't work? I'm running EPO 3.0 with SP4.

Me too

I am running ePo 3.0.0 with Windows 2000 Server SP 4

And i have no problems with Windows

Tshaww, what did you have for problems ?

Hi there,

back to the topic :) are there any known problems during the update process ?

By the way i also run ePo 3.0.0 with Win2K SP4 without any problems.

Hi !!!

After upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 not launch reports:

1. DAT/Definition Deployment Summary
2. DAT Engine Coverage
3. Engine Deployment Summary

All other work fine.

Server Win2K SP4.

I'm also running ePO 3.0.1 with Win2k SP4 & all is fine. You must be doing something wrong

Smolikov

Read the readme.txt, it is in the "Know Issues" (3.0.0)or "Resolved Issues" (3.0.1)

These reports will be generated the night after installation, because it can take a few hours.

After upgrade, nearly all is fine, we just have a problem with our Database SQL Server, with growing logfile . . .

If anybody has the same problem, dont hesitate

Hi !!!

After upgrading from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 I cannot run following reports:

2. DAT Engine Coverage

Server Win2K SP4.

Apparently, there is a problem with the upgrade - has anyone been able to find a solution, may need to downgrade in order to run reports.

RTFM :p

It's write in the readme.txt for ePo301

Fair enough, I have read the 'readme.txt', and I can see that it is supposed to run overnight, but after a week, I still can't view the reports, When I run the report, nothing happens - did you have to change anything, is there a way I can reintall EPO 3.0.1 without it telling me it is already installed.?

upgraded on 10-10
5 days later.
After upgrading from 2.5.1 to 3.0.1 I cannot run following reports:

2. DAT Engine Coverage

In a separate environment I did a clean install of 3.1 and I can run those reports.
NAI has a bug number on this

Heads up!
Getting into my datacenter is a big deal so we always work on our servers remotelty. I installed 3.0 over a RDP connection. Nai never supports this. Well, everything worked fine. This ran for 3 weeks with only ten agents connecting because I was waiting for ePO 3.1 to come out. When ePO 3.1 released I installed it over a RDP connection and totally crashed the the ePO APP. I had to do a remove and clean install of 3.1. NAI says told you so.Luckily I was in the same State.

55,000 ePO agents on 2.5.1 Running OK. I upgrade to 3.1 all seems OK. I wait a day and then start agent upgrades on 10,000 agents. I am experiencing high CPU utilization from the Niamserv process. It seems to go high 5 minutes then low for 5 minutes. Ranging from 90 to 2.
After 4 days only 300 agents have updated. Remote consoles time out. Software pushes don't work and I can not do an agent wake up call. My ePO server is effectively DOWN.
I can RDP into the ePO server and run some queries. Today the 4298 dat will release and my clients should update according to their last known policy but what if I needed to get it out quick?
Anyone having this problem? Of course I have a case in with NAI but they are slow

I am upgrading all the clients, but The "Deployment task" does not work very good. I use the option "Upgrade Agent" in the ePo Agent 3.0 policy on the console. This method works fine, but not too many at time, not more than 1000 in the same time.

The problem when the server is down, is how to proceed an update ? If you using some distributed repositories, use McAfee Autoupdate Architect 1.1.1 to download the new dat files and to send it to repositories, it's work for mee.
Even when the server is down, client continue to upgrade themselves

My server was also down some days, but it was a SQL Server 2000 problem's. The ePo database was is "suspect" mode. After a restore, it was OK.
From the problem report, i also have this problem after installing the ePo 3.0.0, these 3 reports did not worked (DAT/Definition Deployment, Summary DAT Engine Coverage, Engine Deployment Summary)
After upgrading to 3.0.1, the reports are good, but still have the database problem, a log file (*.ldf) use all the avaible free space on the HD, and when you delete it, it comes back the next night.
I also have many problems with the upgrade on the windows 95 clients.
I contact McAfee for all these problems, but the support team is very slo to answer.

Sorry for my bad write english

Serv Win2000 SP4 + SQL Server 2000

Hi, does anyone have a valid solution for the reports issue - where I can't run 3 reports - (DAT/Definition Deployment, Summary DAT Engine Coverage, Engine Deployment Summary). I have read the 'readme.txt', all it says is that it needs to run overnight. It has been running for 3 weeks, and still no joy. I have logged a call with NAI and I am still waiting for the fix. As you all know, the wait will be endless, anyone have a quick fix PLEASE!!!. How can you reinstall EPO 3.0.1 - When I try, it tells me the product is already installed. If I uninstall, do I need to install all versions from 2.0 to 3.0.1 again, or can I install 3.0.1 straight away.

Thanks

Hi everyone i have a major issue here !!

Well im upgrading from epo 2.5 to 3.0.1
On Win 2K/sp4.

Well just at the end of installation i have a fatal error
#1603 API CMAAgentinstall.

I have mailed NAI but no answer yet !!!

Any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance !

Error: "Windows Error code 1603: Fatal error during installation Error API: CMAAgentInstall"
Solution ID : NAI34295 Last Modified : 9OCT2003

Goal and/or Problem Description
Error: "Windows Error code 1603: Fatal error during installation Error API: CMAAgentInstall"
Error: "Upgrade of EPO 3.01 upgrade was not successful"
Error: "Failed to upgrade to ePolicy Orchestrator 3.01"
Error: "Registry Issue Registering the ePolicy Orchestrator 3.0 agent"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Environment
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.0.1
Microsoft Windows 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes affecting this problem
Change information is not available for this solution

Cause of this problem
Cause information is not available for this solution

Solution 1:
Backup your current registry configuration
Go to Start | Run type in Regedt32
Open up Hkey_Local_Machine\Software
Select the menu option Security | Permissions
Make sure Administrator and System Account have "Full Control"
Go to the "Advanced" tab and place a check mark in the box "Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object"
Put a check mark in the second box, "Reset Permissions on all child objects and enable propagation of inheritable permissions"
NOTE: An error might appear stating "Registry editor could not set security in the key currently selected, or some of its subkeys". This is ok.
Reboot the machine
Run the SETUP.EXE file for ePolicy Orchestrator 3.01 again

Solution 2:
Backup your ePolicy Orchestrator database
Remove ePolicy Orchestrator 3.01 using "Add / Remove Programs"
Reboot
Install ePolicy Orchestrator 3.01
Restore the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back