Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO MSDE database size issue. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

epochap

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2004
US
Hi ,

As the MSDE database size can not exceed 2GB and my server DB is having 2GB size anyone kindly let me know how to free up some space in the database.

Thanks.

Delete some events.

In the ePO server, under "Reporting" choose your ePO database and then expand down to the "Events" area. When you click on "Events" you should see a "Removal" tab.

What version of EPO are you running?

Did you just notice this, or is it causing problems?

Mine hit its limit and I had to do a lot of things to get everything back in order. NAI gave me scripts to run and such. But deleting old events is definately a must.

Hi bmck,

I just noticed this problem and i am running ePO 3.0.2 (sp2a) and it is not giving any problem though it might after some time. I suspect only deleting the old events will clear up space. (the whitespace in the DB also need to be cleared). Can you please give the scripts NAI gave to you?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I cleared the old events and still the database size is not reducing. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton.

Hi there,

As it is a database it does not automatically shrink when items are deleted. White space is left in the database which will be used as new data is added.

To resize an MSDE database try running...

<drive letter>:

rem - stop ePO services
net stop "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.0.1 Server"
net stop "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.0.1 Event Parser"
net stop "McAfee Framework Service"
net stop "SQLServerAgent"

rem - ensure SQL Server is running
net start "MSSQLServer"

rem - change directory to SQLMaint program
cd \Program Files\McAfee\ePO\MSSQL7\Binn

rem - vvvvv - concatenate all on one line, is case sensitive
sqlmaint -S <server>
-U "<ePOusername>"
-P "<ePOpassword>"
-D <database>
-RebldIdx 5
-RmUnusedSpace 50 10
-UpdOptiStats 15
rem - ^^^^^ concatenate all on one line, is case sensitive

rem - restart ePO services
net start "SQLServerAgent"
net start "McAfee Framework Service"
net start "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.0.1 Event Parser"
net start "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.0.1 Server"
exit

The statements surrounded by <> will be particular to your environment.

Regards

Simon J Cook

< Keyboard Error - Press F1 to continue >

Thanks Simon J Cook ,

But i presume we need some free space in the DB to complete the operation. Otherwise this operation will fail. We tried this option before trying anything else!.

Yes indeed, In my experience I had to delete all events from the database first and then run the optimisation.

One of our databases expanded to over 2GB, the only way to recover it was to clear all the events and run the optimisation.

Thanks for the star...

Regards

Simon J Cook

< Keyboard Error - Press F1 to continue >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back