Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO Database Size - SQL 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

addus5

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
Anyone having seeing issues with the EPO database increasing in size. It seems there is some process that increases the database around 10 gigs in our environments. As it stands now the database is around 12 gigs it will randomly increase 10 gigs to a total of 22 gigs. We have enough space but I was just wondering what would be doing this.

It sounds like you have SQL setup to "Automatically grow file". Maybe someone changed the setting from the default 10% to 10gb?. If you go into Enterprise Manager, right-click on your database and select properties. You will see the "data Files" tab. This is where you can change the setting.

Thanks Spitty. It is set to automatically grow file by 25%. And to restrict file growth by 9000 MB.

Right now my database is 23 gigs. Is this normal for an EPO database. We have about 10,000 machines and had a large outbreak of lovegate in which the events are still in the database. But 23 gigs sounds like alot of data to me.

My guess is that the Events-table of your database takes up about > 20GB ... 23 GB is indead a lot!!!

I manage 500 machines and our database is around 60MB.

In SQL Enterprise Manager you can check what is consuming all that space.
Click your ePO_DATABASE and choose 'View' 'Taskpad'
On the top you see a tab called Table Info, check the size of your tables.

Thanks guys. Its probably that nasty lovegate infection during which we deployed EPO to update the DAT's thefore getting all those events. There seems to be no way to remove just one type of virus from the database from the console. Management wants to keep as much data as possible on previous infections. But the huge database size is making reporting really slow. Maybe ill erase all events prior to january this year.

Events - 12 GB
Product Events - 569 MB
Product Settings - 375 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back