Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO Console -- Unable to Connect to Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunLolaRun

Programmer
Mar 19, 2003
CA
Hello,

I have a remote EPO console that errors out with the message "Unable to Connect to Server".

I can see the three way handshake between the server and the epo console. The console retrieves the server.ini file. I've been assured that the username and password are correct, but I am unsure what else could cause this problem.

The Server and console are both ver. 2.5.1.

Check "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 2.5.1 Server" Service is running on the ePO server.

Since port 80 and 81 is the default port used by ePO, make sure that these ports are not used by any other application. (WebServer...)

Mastermind76

Also...make sure both your ePO console and sever are the same version. i.e. - if you've applied the service pack to the server, make sure it's also applied to the console installation.

I had the same problem - the ePO server's IP address changed after a physical relocation. The IP address in the DNS was not correct immediately after the move. Once DNS was resolving to the correct IP address, the error went away.

Also, if you have an entry in a host table for the ePO server, verify that the IP address is correct.

Because ePolicy communicates via HTTP it also seems to use the local machines Internet Explorer proxy settings. What could have happened could have been a number of things:
Internet Explorer was last opened (or was currently opened) under an "Offline" profile.
The last time you opened Internet Explorer was when using a dial-up connection.
To get a round this on the IE LAN Proxy settings add the IP address of the server as an exception in the Advanced LAN settings(IP of ePOServer), also do this for the dial-up settings advanced area.

One thing that had me puzzled for a while was the "epolicy service account", make sure whatever account you have running the epo server service is an local administrator on your remote console.

Alex....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back