Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO connecting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkastinka

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2005
SE
We are in the process of setting up a server in the DMZ. This server will be reporting to a server inside of our domain. We plan on creating a repository that will be updated from our ePO server which resides inside our domain. All other servers in the DMZ will then update from the new server/repository.

What is the best way to accomplish this task? Which ports must be opened so that replication can occur without problems? Should we use ftp or http repository?

I'm not sure which port is required for replication but ePO uses ports 80, 81, 8080, 8081, and 8082 for various functions (see the settings tab). It will probably be necessary to set up security to allow access from outside the domain. I've got a five domain setup with the ePO server in one domain. I've had to set up tasks to run using domain\administrator pswd for the remote domain.

I hope I'm answering the question your'e asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back