Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO and virusscan 4.5.1 console

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbala

Technical User
May 7, 2002
GB
Hi,

We currently have a deployment of virus scan 4.5 via w2k active direcotry group policy.Iam in the process of replacing this with virus scan 4.5.1 deployed from EPO(for better manageability). In the test environment, the software deployment ,engine update and the DAT file updates work (distribution from the EPO).However the tasks in the virusscan console of the client still points to the old settings (that it got from the msi deployed thru active directory) and is not replaced with the the tasks from the EPO.

How can i force the tasks from the EPO to replace the tasks in the virusscan console of the client ??

Anyone,pls help !!!!!

thanks a ton !!

what version of EPO at what service pack are you running? FatesWebb

if you do what I suggested it is not my fault...

EPO 2.5 (no service packs).Iam unable to uninstall the virusscan 4.5.1 that was installed via the active directory.
When i deploy vs 4.5.1 from EPO, it installs and does the update.But i still cannot get rid of the version that was originally installed from AD.

pls help !!

The tasks scheduled in ePO do not normally reflect in the VirusScan console. They're processed from the AgentDB\Task directory. Although in some cases it does reflect but I haven't really tested it enough to prove this happens on certain platforms.

The best way to check is to create one task to run immediately on one machine and take a look at the ePO agent monitor to see if it's being executed.

Hope this helps.

AVChap

There is a way. I did it on 35,000 clients. It is lenghthy If you are still interested I will post

There is a way. I did it on 35,000 clients. It is lenghthy If you are still interested I will post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back